FLEX! Discography of Japanese Punk, Hardcore 1975-1986 - book
This new FLEX book traces the first decade of the Japanese Punk, Hardcore, Mod and No Wave scene, from 1975 to 1986. The depth, variety, quality (and not least, collectibility) of this scene is simply breathtaking, ranging from classic KBD punk and raging hardcore to excellent mod and beat punk, angular hard punk and obscure styles that hardly compare to anything outside of Japan.
Just like the US version of FLEX, it's a near-complete discography of punk and hardcore, adding mod and the punk-er side of powerpop (much less than in the US books), no wave, post punk and new wave.
Some basic stats:
- 1,300 reviews and 1,700 sleeve scans on 580 pages
- US Trade/Digest format (a more manageable size than the huge US books)
- Band and pressing info, alternate versions, reissues, bootlegs, insert info and more...
- Detailed sections for Star Club, The Stalin, GISM, Gauze, Confuse, Gai/Swankys, Execute, Kuro, The Willard and whatever other Japanese band you may be looking for.
- Several age-old collector mysteries solved (Human Gas/Stali Nism! Star Club 1977 EP!)